there are over 10,000 alcohol rehab facilities providing various rehab programs to alcoholics. So, just imagine the immense number of options available for alcoholics seeking for the road to sobriety. That being said, locating the appropriate rehab for alcohol users may seem like finding a needle in a haystack. But the selection process will become simpler and easier if you evaluate your choices carefully. Remember to stick to your main goal of finding a rehab facility that will offer the most suitable program that will address the treatment needs of the patient.
Generally, alcohol treatment programs greatly differ from one rehab facility to the other. The type of treatment given to an alcoholic will significantly depend on a number of factors which include the following:
- the age of the patient
- the severity of their alcohol addiction
- existing medical conditions
- the intensity of rehabilitation required
- special health concerns
After the existing condition of the patient has been fully assessed that is the only time that the rehab facility will develop a treatment plan that will target their individualized needs. Most Drug and Alcohol Rehab centers combine different facets of medical treatments to help patients attain full recovery. Normally, they provide services which include counseling sessions, medical therapies, behavioral therapies, and spiritual guidance.
Alcohol rehab facilities can be categorized in the following types:
- Residential Rehab Facility – This type of rehab facility offer patients with full-time, monitored therapy. Residential rehabs are basically intended for patients with severe alcohol problems.
- Detox Centers – Most alcohol detox facilities are located inside hospital premises. However, there are also detoxification facilities found in rehab centers, while some operate independently.
- Outpatient Rehab Facility – this type of alcohol treatment facility is perfect for alcoholics who have mild drinking problems. Outpatient rehab centers provide counseling and treatments on a day-to-day basis.